Each certification granted by the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Certification Board (DNPCB) is valid for a three-year period. Expiration of certification shall occur uniformly on December 31. All certificants are subject to audit to ensure that the majority of their practice is focused in dermatology. Fifty percent of current work must be in dermatology. Candidates for re-certification must meet eligibility requirements for certification:
1. Hold a current and unrestricted license as a registered nurse in the US, Canada, or a country approved by C-NET;
2. Have a minimum of three years of recent experience as a nurse practitioner in dermatology;
3. Maintain national certification as a nurse practitioner.
Re-certification candidates must also pay re-certification fees, and must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Successful completion of the certification examination prior to certification expiration.
2. Submission of completed application for re-certification through continuing education prior to certification expiration.
If you have lost or need additional certificates, please email Savita Puranmalka at firstname.lastname@example.org
The additional certificates are $25.00/each, please send a check payable to DNPCB 222 S. Riverside Pl, Suite 1870 Chicago, IL 60606